Wagontown Fire Company would like to remind everyone when travelling use caution when travelling flooded roadways, remember it does not take much to put you and your vehicle in danger. Below is the forecast for the Chester County areas.
Chester County Forecasted Conditions:
• Anticipated Timing: tonight through Wednesday
• Wind speeds: 10mph
• Precipitation: The County is expected to receive heavy rainfall; locations that see repeated heavy downpours will receive enough to trigger flood
• Active watches & warnings: All of Chester County is under a Flash Flood Watch until Tuesday July 24 at 6pm
• Flash floods along already swollen creeks are expected to occur where repeated bands of heavy rain set up.
• Areal flooding is also expected in areas of poor drainage.
• Down trees and power outages may occur.
Recommended Preparedness Actions:
• Follow the NWS and local weather forecasts for the latest changes, updates and information.
• Ensure all storm drains are clear from debris from the last round of flooding.
• Report storm damage to the Chester County Emergency Operations center by filling out this quick survey -
http://bit.ly/ChescoStormDamageSurvey or send pictures to ChesterCountyDES@gmail.com with a description of the location.