On Saturday the day began rather quietly and then at around 17:46 hours the company was dispatched to assist the Honey Brook Fire Company on a reported barn fire. The Engine made the response and was recalled while enroute as this turned out to be an outside furnace working on the farm.
After this call the Rescue then made the trip down to the Avondale Fire Company for the evening to cover them for a company function. The Crew of 5 met up with the crew of Lancaster Tanker 52-1 for the evening. It was while they were there, the crews handled two calls for service while on stand by. One was for an accident which was unfounded and the 2nd was furnace malfunction in the 100 block of Center St. in New Garden Twp.
Then at 10:52 hours back at home the company was dispatched to a reported smoke investigation in the 100 block of Cambridge Rd, after several minutes of trying to locate the source. It was located to the rear of the 100 block of Cambridge which shares a tract of land with Acorn Dr. Crews found an earlier controlled burn that had re-ignited and was enlarging in size. Crews hiked in and contained it, then found access for the Tac to assist with final mop up.
Crews cleared this scene at around midnight.